Kenneth Mattos, A.P. showing how Tui Na & Cupping are done at his practice.
Tui Na(which literally means “push grab”) is a form of Traditional Chinese Massage used to treat injuries, joints and muscle problems and internal disorders.
Cupping (flash, fixed or moving cupping) Local congestion is relieved by applying a partial vacuum that is created in a cup either by heat or suction. Superb at drawing up the underlying tissues, cupping is commonly used to relieve pain, draw toxins out of the body and remove blockages.
For more information please go to http://mattosmedicalgroup.com/
or call us and make an appointment to see Kenneth Mattos, A.P. for a Cupping treatment.
Tui Na is practiced by healers and martial artists for thousands of years, tui na massage increases energy flow and blood circulation throughout the entire body, removing blockages and stagnations caused by injuries, exercise and/or aging. Patients have been known to prevent illness, recover quickly from fatigue and aches, and find relief from stress and physical tension through tui na massage.
Tui-Na is also unlike either massage or chiropractic in technique and theory. On a theoretical level, Tui-Na uses traditional Chinese medical theory as a basis for treatment. Concepts of chi (ch’i, qi, or ki) energy, blood, yin & yang, and essence play pivotal roles. On a technical level, Tui-Na is far broader and encompassing than either massage or chiropractic medicine. Massage, by and large, does not treat diseases, but rather relaxes muscle tension and increases local circulation to relieve discomfort. However, most massage systems lack the kind of comprehensive scope that Tui-Na is known for. Most massage is also unable to effectively treat disturbances in bone alignment. Chiropractic, on the other hand, while it may reliably reduce misalignments in bony structures, generally does not spend adequate time treating the muscles surrounding the bony structures before and after re-alignment. As a result, many patients of chiropractic complain of a rebound effect following treatments. Tui-Na, however, treats the muscular tension surrounding bony structures in such a way as to minimize the rebound effect immediately following treatments.
Some of the external disorders that
Tui-Na can treat include:
- Frozen shoulder syndrome
- Sprains & strains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myofascial pain disorders
- Low Back Pain (lumbago & back spasms)
- Muscle spasms & Adhesions
- Herniated disk syndromes
- Tennis elbow / Golfer’s elbow
- TMJ (Temporo-mandibular Joint disturbances)
- Neck pain & stiffness
- Headaches (tension headaches or migraine headaches)
- Sports injuries (including martial arts)
- Whiplash (car accident injuries)
- Other soft tissue injuries
Some of the internal diseases that
Tui-Na can treat include:
- Circulatory system disorders:
- Angina Pectoris (chest pains)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Poor circulation (cold hands & feet)
- Respiratory system disorders:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Digestive (Gastrointestinal) system disorders:
- Gastric / Duodenal Ulcers
- Cholecystitis (gall bladder inflammation)
- Reproductive & OB/GYN system disorders:
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Menstrual pain, menstrual irregularities
- Postpartum dissociation of the pubic symphysis
- Pediatric disorders:
- Nocturia (bed wetting) / Constipation