Tag Archives: Prolotherapy
We Can Help You Get Your Life Back!
Pain that lasts for 3 months or longer is considered chronic pain. Chronic pain is caused by inflammation stemming from a variety of sources and can occur anywhere in your body.
Common symptoms of chronic pain include but are not limited to, pain that does not go away as expected, pain that is shooting, burning, aching, and pain that causes soreness, tightness, or stiffness.
Chronic pain can be escalated or increased by things such as; diet, food allergies, viral infections, and toxicity escalate pain. If your body reacts negatively to certain foods, it could cause or worsen joint and muscle pain, digestive problems,fatigue, headache and mood swings.
Toxicity can also build on the above symptoms, in addition to the symptoms above; toxicity can cause mental confusion, short-term memory loss, vision problems, and chronic fatigue.
There are many things that can contribute to pain levels and each case is as unique as the patient, read on to see how MMG approaches chronic pain.
The MMG Approach to Chronic Pain
At Mattos Medical Group, we focus on identifying the root cause of chronic pain by starting the process with extensive testing in order to help determine the cause of inflammation. We treat each chronic pain patient with a unique combination of acupuncture, Cupping, IVs, AITs, prolotherapy, and massage therapy in order to alleviate pain and address the cause.
The following treatments can help chronic pain patients in the following ways:
- Acupuncture helps manage pain by stimulating nerves in your spinal cord to release pain-suppressing neurotransmitters called endorphins. Acupuncture also increases blood flow and nourishes the tissue and removes toxic substances in the areas surrounding the needles.
- Nutritional IVs hydrate the body and detoxify liver and lymphatic system, thereby causing you to feel better faster while helping the body to work more efficiently.
- Prolotherapy is a specially formulated solution that is injected into a joint, or along injured ligament and tendons. The solution stimulates the body to heal the damage.
- Cupping is a method of treating disease that is caused by local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in a cupping jar, usually by means of heat, which is then applied directly to the skin. The underlying tissue is drawn up into the jar forming an area of blood stasis.
- Massage Therapy helps by relieving muscular tension, and decreasing stress and soreness. It also encourages the brain to release hormones called endorphins.
please email us at email@example.com or call us at 813.871.2950 to schedule your consultation.